LED Specifications and Application Notes
Detailed LED Specifications, Power and Optical Qualities
LED specifications give vital technical information allowing you to mount and power your LEDs to maximize output and to maximize efficiency resulting in prolonged life.
We carry an extensive selection of Super Bright Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in several styles. Our LEDs are available in a full rainbow of colors, sizes along with special application LEDs such as Ultraviolet (UV) and Infrared (IR).
Our LED Specifications cover each model of LED we carry, including 3mm, 5mm, 8mm, 10mm along with high-power LEDs.
LEDs are versatile semiconductors with many attributes that make them perfect for most applications. Their features include:
- Long Life: LEDs can last over 100,000 hours (10+ years) if used at rated specifications
- No annoying flicker like from fluorescent lamps
- LEDs are impervious to heat, cold, shock and vibration
- LEDs do not contain breakable glass
- Solid-State, shock and vibration resistant
- Extremely fast turn On/Off times
- Low power consumption puts less load on the electrical systems increasing battery life
White LEDs are perfect for replacing inefficient incandescent bulbs in night lights, flashlights, path lights, task lights, and exit signs. Their versatility makes them natural for use in alternate energy (solar) applications, automotive, aeronautic, and water-based vehicles.
We have a selection of multiple models of LEDs in the same color. Some with narrow and others offer a wider viewing angle. LEDs that have a wide viewing angle results in overall brightness (Luminous Intensity) reduction. We also carry some newer models which have a wider viewing angle and that are very high intensity.
Cautions When Working with LEDs
- LEDs produce a focused light source, and extra care should is necessary to protect your eyes
- LEDs are semiconductor devices, they are sensitive to static charges